Monday, May 25, 2009

Rain



Sometime life seems like a fairy tale.Like it seems to be so at this moment to me. 
 Monsoon has come to West Bengal, its raining and raining since morning through out the day. I always love the rain during night.It seems the earth is being blessed with small sparkling diamonds from someone sitting beyond the sky...Today when I got up,I could see each and every tree so fresh and rain water was dripping from the green leaves. Don't know what I have been dreaming of the whole night but even when I'm not sleeping,life seems like a pink dream with the family beside - absolutely no tension,no worry for the next moment,not a single curse for anyone - life is a cosy dream.  Since childhood monsoon takes me to a different world, a world of imagination,dream & fantasy. Once upon a time I used to dream of walking beside the sea shore at night- the waves touching my feet and when it's drizzling - when moon is peeping from theclounds, such a nice dream it was and I still love this dream. Then imagine a cup of masala tea and pakoras in the morning sitting at your varanda when you have a huge garden - squirrel running all over, birds chirping, and the smell of the soil.....I find it heavenly. My place is full of different trees - giant trees to the most tiny ones. I can hear them giggling and playing with the rain,as some friends are meeting their old buddy after a long time.

 Its fun to have a umbrella and yet to get drench...the mad breeze doesnt follow any direction, it may blow your soul from anywhere so unexpectedly....
During my school time we used to get summer holiday just when monsoon used to enter the town...it was great fun to close the umbrella and hug the rain,feel the rain and come home walking slowly to longer experience of rain water....So much used to think about 'Meghdoot' seemed the dark cloud was reading my mind and may search my soul mate & convey the poem of my soul,strange but true.
I wish it rains all the time, it soothe the dried soul & keep them alive to dream absurd. Life is dead without absurd and impossible dreams....and Rain can keep them alive,I'm sure.

4 comments:

के सी said...

aapki posts to hamesha nice sweet hi hoti hain is baar to rocket start tha. pictures to aapne dono lajavab lagayi hain.

Unknown said...

Jab Ghungru-o si bajti hai boonde
Arma hamara palke na munde
Sapne dekhe nayan ...

shilpi gupta said...

even i want to be at such a place... miss the rains... miss being a kid... miss everything about the life thats no longer there...

Unknown said...

did u know : ....the smell that comes from the wet soil is of the bacteria called streptomycin..(now thats nerdy)...i have a strange connection with the rains they happen to appear when i am going through strong emotions...it may sound weird but its true..might be the other way round ...rains do bring does gives me adrenalin shots.