Monday, May 4, 2009

A comment from a stranger made my day!!!

A more relaxed Sunday. Though scorching heat made me a little low. So I canceled my favourite time pass - to travel long in bus. Today I wanted to go to Chandni Chawk or some place in Old Delhi but seeing the Sun frowning at me, I didn't dare to go out and explore some part of old Delhi. But thankfully I am blessed with some friends, no matter how the weather is, we just need to catch up to have fun even in such hot summer or even in coldest winter night. Trust me, nothing can be better than having like minded buddies around with whom you can be yourself. So it was silly jokes,laughter and even serious guidance. But something beyond these made my day (can I call it Evening?)

Well, I had to withdraw some money from my favourite bank and went there. The ATM had 3 machines and I saw the customers struggling with them. As soon as I entered a small sweet kid showed a very kind gesture by telling me " Didi, the machine does not have money.Mummy is trying for so long" then his Mummy too informed that its been few minutes that all the customers are trying hard but the machines seem to have no cash in it. Well, I was supposed to leave but thought to give it a try. The customers who had been trying all the three machines, helped me to use any of the machine I wanted , they left with a sigh. I tried one and thankfully the machine gave me the required amount. The kid and his mummy was still standing there and trying other machines. They saw me successfully withdrawing money, they again tried the other machine and this time they too successfully could withdraw the amount.

Well,no big deal. There was no satellite problem though some problem was there which made people not to withdraw money. But the lady got so happy and excited that she started saying 'hey young lady, you are so lucky for us. As soon as you enter the machine started working" not only to me, she went out and started telling this to everyone that how lucky I was for all the customers who were trying so hard for so long to withdraw some money.

Ohh,I was amazed and taken aback. I felt so good, I felt her words to be magic. I didn't know her so did she. But see, I ended up feeling so good. Genuine compliment comes very rare.People may talk good about me not because they really mean it but because ... there can be so many reason, better not to discuss.

I dont remember when the last time I receive a genuine compliment. I usually dont take compliments too seriously. Yes I love spreading happiness, confidence and positivity whom so ever I feel important in my life but such unexpected compliment is something I will forever remember. Its so lucky to be called lucky for someone.

4 comments:

के सी said...

momita you are always good with words. nice post again and profile pic is also very cute.

Moumita said...

Thanks Kishore.Your comment always motivates me

shilpi gupta said...

abbe... what abt the ten thousand compliments that i shower you with everyday????????????

nahiiiiiiiiiiiii... dost dost na raha....

Moumita said...

Shilpi yeh galat baat hai..dont be jealous...you are my....he hehe...main wohi to hu...ha ha ha