Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cooking - luxury when alone

I opted to stay alone and little isolated post office hours. Its been few years now. My friends often ask me how do I spend my time? Don't I get bored? Well the answer is,most of the time I don't get bored. Yes sometime I do miss the special person in my life. Whom I could have freaked around the parks and the trees and the movie halls and the restaurant or simple by watching TV holding each others' hands...so saying silly things. I do miss them sometime.But most of the time i am thankful that I have my own space,time and I can do whatever and whenever.I feel independent in true sense.

Its been long that I have stopped painting and writing poems...But still there is a creative thing that I do and everyone else can do to kick away the boredom and monotony. There is no such person on the earth who doesnt feel hungry and everyone loved delicious food. In my initial days when I was not so used to with my being solitary, I used to think what to do but gradually I have been learning the art to combat. Well, after office I try going to the fish market. Being a bong I must admit that I am a pure lover of fish. So most of the time I buy some new fish and come home, try cooking them. Trust me, If you love eating, you will also love the art of cooking. Cooking is not just putting the ingredient right together but to cook with whole heart and passion. Its the imagination - like you are mixing the different colours in the canvas to create something which will soothe your soul. Food is not just to satisfy the basic need but believe you me a visually and sensually attractive food will leave a different impression all together.

Whomsoever , who are alone, who can afford a bit - just go and experience the luxurious art of cooking, mix and match - go the creative way you want according to your taste buds. From last few days my cooked food was bad - I could even feel to eat after cooking. Because I was doing 3/4 work together,watching my favourite soap, chatting over net, some other house hold work and cooking so today I decided to switch off the TV, disconnect myself from the tech world and be in kitchen. So I loved each spice, the onions, the fish, the rice and each ingredient. So the output was what It should have been - quite satisfactory.

Its all about loving own self. Pampering own self. I quite do it often. I have grown up with an attitude of don't give the world a damn as I believe myself to be a self made girl, yes alone and struggling. But I am happy the way I am. So now I have decided to find some or other recipe every now and then and work on my creative cells.


5 comments:

Notes of Life said...

Well I think cooking art and poem are something very similar in nature,both involves a hell lot of creativity ,passion & mood. But it seems to me that though you have disconnected from the techworld you could not involve yourself deeply into the art of cooking,your brain is still somewhere else I guess.Why your world is so confined?Openup your mind & heart ,start living in true sense.

shilpi gupta said...

you know what... even i've heard that cooking is a great therapy... and that it really calms you down... what i would like to know is that how would it work for someone as lazy as i am... i mean, i would love to cook but i'm so lazy and impatient that i think i'll eat my food half-cooked only.. what say?!

Ulki said...

After reading your blog, I want to confess to you...openly on this public platform....I am scared of being alone!!

Ulki said...

Found this amazing quote for you...goes rightly with this post........What I like in a good author is not what he says, but what he whispers. ~Logan Pearsall Smith, "All Trivia," Afterthoughts, 1931....

More than reading about you, I feel I am reading about a girl away from home...or maybe...I couldn't put it right in words...I know you understand what I mean....

Unknown said...

Smith's whispers are the 'body-language' of writing - what is not said but conveyed.