Tuesday, June 16, 2009


I look back to look if you are looking back…
Vast emptiness spreads all over my senses
As you are gone…
I close my eyes to hide the agony flowing down
My senses go numb
My heart cries loud within
my voice too frail to call you once
How I wish I could stop you …
I could take away the moments
The moments of togetherness
The moments of love
The moments of dreams
The moments of taking vows together
The moments of holding hands
The moments of walking together
And the moments of sharing the breaths
How I wish I could take my life that you took away
I am left frozen and forlorn
How I wish I could hear my heart beating again
And my eyes sparking with bundle of dreams
How I wish I could paint my world with colours again
And fly the kite high on the sky again
I gaze your steps going a long way keeping me behind
How I wish I could harmonize my steps with yours
And walk together
How I wish I could make you look back
And make you witness the excruciating storm within
The storm is turning me into debris of scattered feelings
And I still look back to look if you are looking back…







5 comments:

shilpi gupta said...

painful...

Unknown said...

If you have to make him/her look back it's not worth the trouble since he/she probably doesn't care anyway.

Off course one can live with the hope that he/she might want to look back on their own someday but then again that might never happen.

The real loss, pain stems from the part of you that still caught in the quagmire of the (now one-sided) relationship.

Mera kuchh saman tumhare paas para hain ...

phoenikhs said...

Sounds more prosaic than poetic. Cliched, yet honest. That's all about the poem. The blog in whole, is thematically a nice one. Spans a lot of territories. Language needs ample improvement. And you have abused the punctuation marks. :)

Sujata said...

Very interesting post!

shilpi gupta said...

its time to move on and stop looking back...