Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Shopping...

Its a long weekend.Dont like long weekend anymore.At the same time dont like going to office either.Dont know what exactly I want but for sure I want some open sky,some space to breath freely and lots of colours. Life has been so monotonous. Now over weekend I prefer spending my time on bed,chatting,watching TV or simply reading books.Of Late I am reading Almost Single.Few pages that I have successfully read in 2 weeks. Suddenly all excitement died somewhere. I was completely bored so today I planned to get out of my bed and my room and head towards Sarojini Nagar Market.Once upon a time it used to be my favorite place to hang out.While in college we used to get off on every Thursday and the bus used to drop us at SN Market and we all friends - the batch mates used to find the same place new and equally exciting every Thursday. I used to end up doing shopping like hell. Used to buy whatever I liked. Obviously I still consider SN to have a good range of hippie casual clothes..at the cheapest price.I used to love the colour of the place - colourful clothes,accessories, aggressive selling etc.

So today,after spending yesterday whole day and today till 7pm I decided to visit SN in a hope to feel a little better. I reached SN market.I was there an hour and half. I tried visiting each and every shop but strange I didnt like anything. I didnt find anything exciting.

Its not too many days ago.just 2 years back when I used to find everything so interesting. I was a complete impulse buyer. Now..I ended up buying 5 pink bangles for Rs. 50 and came back. And yah I had one Fanta also. Nothing else I found to buy. Strange.

2005 till 2007 I used to go mad and ended up spending more than 4 hours at the same place,same market. Why this sudden change?These days I cant buy or making buying decision so easily like earlier, I dont remember when was the last time I bought sometime really colourful and wacky. These days I end up buying either a black trouser or some pale formal shirt. Some boring stuff.

Life has changed so much.Those bright colours are fading away, those silly laughter and those excitement have gone somewhere. Earlier I used to wait so eagerly for holiday and planned so many things but now I feel too lazy and demotivated to even go out.

Does the same thing happen with everyone when we go ahead with life?

This is how I spend my valuable Sunday - By doing nothing , by missing my good old days.

5 comments:

shilpi gupta said...

happens... there comes a time when everything close to us seems to be fading away in front of our eyes... and we are unable to stop that even if we try our best... its like trying to run after something we really cherish but find our feet stuck to the ground...

i guess time is the only problem... and the only solution...

के सी said...

फिर से तरतीब दें ज़माने को
ऐ गम-ऐ-ज़िन्दगी मुनज्ज़म हो !
दर्द ही दर्द की दवा बन जाये
ज़ख्म ही ज़ख्म-ऐ-दिल का मरहम हो!

Ulki said...

hey that doesn't happen with everyone!! you just need to take down you shades...and put some colourful ones and the world will look that way...."chasma uataro fir dekho yaaron, duniya nayi hai chehra puraana...kahta hai joker...saaraa zamaana aadhi hakeekat adha fasaana...".......life could be really boring if u don't like the small things in life....uff gyan dicchi!! ....but Rs. 50-r bangles gulo amar darun cheap laglo...n the fact that you are not able to "buy" could be a fear psychosis effect of the Recession :P......bye the way..tere writing mein flow aa gaya ....maza aa gaya...keep it up :D....aur ise padhke laga jaise it's an open letter to ur friends...no need to write to everyone....whoever replies...connects with you :)....and when going thru the comments of your friends for this post...i felt like making some more comments...Shilpi's your friend and I hope she won't find my observation to be very offensive...."chasing is good only for dogs!" ;)....and Kishore... have you written this yourself...then I have to become your fan too!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah long weekends are somewhat boring I prefer work punctuated by leisure. Never found any pleasure in flimsy stuff like many do (& are lucky in a way).

Anonymous said...

bad old days for me .